Saturday, March 20, 2010

Game Oscar 2007 in Bonn for two inventors



Bonn - tinkered with five and a half years, and stuck snip advanced Bernhard Weber, Jens-Peter Schliemann around the prototype of "Burg Appenzell".
On Wednesday, the Bonn receive the reward of their work: your board game will be honored at the Game Fair in Essen, was awarded the "Best Children's Game" 2007. On top, there's still the "Essener Feder" for the well-to-understand instructions.
"I just like mice and cheese," said Jens-Peter Schliemann (39), as it came to the award-winning blockbuster game. Actually he wanted and to make his co-author Bernhard Weber (38) well, what with ghosts and knights. But as a game developer you probably never know in advance exactly what comes out at the end.
The fact that they both like to play, discovered the two early Bonner: "I have the age of 13 read an article about a games maker. The report was just as big as half a playing card, but then I knew: this do you also make time. Soon after I created my first game with a buddy, "confesses Schliemann, who now lives in a cozy house in Tannenbusch.
Kompagnion Weber, who in a town house in Bonn-Castell lives, discovered his passion for gambling, but only in the study again, but then they hit him violently: "Eventually I got the game at that time of year in my fingers. Then I thought, then develop a game that you can too. "
No sooner said than done. The newly inflamed game maker, then both students at the University of Bonn, met shortly thereafter in the "Team Annaberg", a think tank for young game designers, for the first time this meeting and they have never regretted: "We meet again here today in This week, "says Schliemann. But where the two take their creative ideas for more new games? Jens-Peter Schliemann: "The ideas come to me in quiet moments, such as when standing up."
Bernhard Weber swears rather extensive Rhine walks. "The main thing I can let my thoughts run free." And they could also imagine alternatives? "Never," says Bernhard Weber, "Game Development is my absolute dream job."
Schliemann has also been the next blockbuster game at the Pan: Trilogy, a combination of rate and pointed dialogue beware. Topic: "Bullies" movies.